Sunday 9 July 2023

This week in Tribes

Just in case you've forgotten where Triabunna is, this helpful map has been posted on the wall of the Triabunna Community Hall, where I go for yoga.  South Australians may be a little surprised.

Saturday last I drove to the Farmers Market in Hobart to see my mates from Maria Voices perform at The Festival of Voices.  First on were some chaps nattily dressed in suits, piano ties and trilbies.  I got myself a warm, sunny spot the only disadvantage of which was that I couldn't hear them.
Maria Voices next.  I still couldn't hear well but I enjoyed watching this gorgeous bunch, as did the cute girl with plaits leaning on the tree.  She, and a number of other children, seemed entranced.
Then another cutie in a pink beanie with bobbles came to the fore and helped Mary Marg conduct for a while.
And this child in the brightly patterned coat took to joyously swinging from the tree.  It was all such fun.  This choir brings happiness to so many people.  I would join if I had time!  And could sing better than I do...
Walking back to the car along Elizabeth Street, I was reminded that Le Tour started that night.  France revisited.

On Tuesday I had lunch at Anne's stone cottage.  As is her wont, she had rejigged the furniture
and can now cook teasingly out of sight.  I had told Steve that I really felt like soup and toast for lunch.  Anne delivered soup and naan bread.  And a delicious Pepperjack red.
Smoky Joe Mozart watched from his new favourite perch, catching the heat from the freshly installed wall heater.

It was also the Week of the Moon.  Resplendent in the evening,
flying high in the morning
until it got snagged on the willow tree.

I don't think I have kept you up to date with the new businesses in town.  Maybe I've mentioned the denture clinic before.  Now we have a barber too.

The Weily Fox and I had a zoom meeting with people in Sydney and Brisbane in pursuit of more goody goody things to do, and then walked the clifftops from her place.  Our reward is that we already live in heaven.
But just to  make sure, yesterday we went to The Eastcoaster for cocktails, but I was also seduced by a porterhouse roast which comes with Yorkshire puddings.  I've never combined a roast and Espresso Martini before.  Highly recommended!

1 comment:

  1. There always seems to be so much going on in Tassie and especially Tribes - you certainly have lots of choices of things to do - and eat. And yay for the Tour window display!!! What was the Zoom meeting about - intriguing. And lovely moon photos.

    ReplyDelete