Saturday 29 November 2014

Fair to mizzling





It is mizzling today.  This is the weather I used to crave in Wentworth and relished in St Davids.  The garden loves it
and hopefully some moisture seeps through the wood chips (though there's carpet beneath there...).
 

I've always loved lupins for the little gem they hold in the centre of their leaves.

These look sugar frosted.
Yesterday Wilma gave us some pink-eyes from her garden.  She asked for a container
and thought it was hilarious when I came out with this basket.  City Girl.  The little sandstone blocks are from Steve's carving.  He's back to making birdbaths from local stone.
On Friday he sketched our house for this year's Christmas card.  Last week I came home and was greeted by these roses.
Here's the flathead Wilma and Roger gave us for lunch last weekend.  I think we amuse them - and they say they love to see flowers in the garden now. 

2 comments:

  1. I like lupins for the same reason! Not that they grow very well here.....too hot. Does it get very hot in Tassie? The drizzle looks lovely, can you send some our way please?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No heat waves here. Hottest day so far 26 degrees and cooler the next day. Perfect for you, me and lupins. Come over and see.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete