Sunday 16 November 2014

Life as we know it

We drove into Hobart together on Friday and took in a cuppla exhibitions and  lunch at Pasha's.  Note the display case of turkish delight.  My thoughtful beau bought me some for the drive home.
This was my favourite piece from the Tas Uni Honours Students' work.  I thought it was a sketch.  Steve tells me it's a print.  He's obviously got an Honours Degree.  As you may know, my first job while I was still at high school was as a driveway attendant, a more or less vanished occupation now.  As is the leaded petrol I used to dole out.
The weekend saw the opening of the crayfish season for amateurs.  Only one cray per boat is allowed but there were a helluva lot of boats.  Sadly I don't think we'll be getting any of Wilma and Roger's catch this season.
Walking to get the paper (which I still haven't read) on Saturday morning, I noticed this little feature which I must have seen a hundred times before.
And talking of hundreds, tens. tenths, hundredths, etc, I strutted my maths stuff at the school this morning.  It was a beautiful morning so I got up early and put on some washing.  I had to put my coffee cup out of the wind at the backdoor for safety, by then the wind was 6 on the Beaufort scale...  The washing dried almost instantly.
I have some more photos but they're on my phone.  I'm having a frustrating time lately with phone and camera batteries going flat very inconveniently.

No comments:

Post a Comment