Saturday 1 November 2014

Too much thinking

I'm starting to see how my life fits together.  Which is great and I may blog about it, but in the meantime here's some photos from this week.
Last weekend we bought some silverbeet seedlings at the Triabuuna market - actually it was the Village Garage Sale but it was indistinguishable from the market.  During the week, Steve sent me this photo of who he believes is the culprit who ate the seedlings in the top garden bed.
Friday evening we went to the Orford School Halloween Fair which was good fun but I didn't dare take photos in case some parents or teachers objected.  Then we went to the first night of a new Orford restaurant - ok, but basically more fish and chips.  Yesterday we drove to Bothwell by roads new to us.  I loved Bothwell when I was sent there for a teaching prac in my Dip Ed year.  Here Steve and Sis consult the map - Steve looking for even more roads untravelled.
Meanwhile I was photographing the Museum of Golf, hoping to lure certain people.  I got the important caravan park sign but obliterated the golf museum sign.  It was very windy at times.
On the way into Bothwell I'd seen a sign to a nursery, so we retraced our tyre tracks and found the Abergavenny Nursery.  There was a small storm while I looked around but I found some artichoke plants which I've been looking for for a while.  Turns out the owners have never been to Abergavenny but his parents came from there.  I recalled being there just about this time last year and temptingly seeing a lovely house for sale on the river with the pub a pleasant walk away on the other side.
We saw this rather lovely glade on the road to Jericho (to be explored further another time) and then it was home to Tribes.
On the domestic front, here's some flowers from Wilma's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment