Thursday 26 January 2017

a bit more dig

As I was strolling to the hairdresser's this morning, I realised I had my camera in my bag (whatever happened to phones, I hear you ask) and so could take a photo of the back of the archeological dig site.  This is where they'll commence digging next year, and later build a house.  I slip through the gap to the right and
there is the mulberry tree at the back of the pub.  Every year people think it would be a great idea to camp in the shade of this tree, and every year they move on a bit sharpish, their tent covered in red stains.
I would have loved to take a photo of Lynn the hairdresser waiting for me in the street and chatting to an old lady with a walking frame - but it seemed a little invasive!  Village life.
The reason I had my camera with me is that earlier I had dropped into The Village to look at the new exhibitor's work.  If you look carefully above you can see Steve and his slinky sales assistant.
The work consists of birds made from natural materials.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Jill doesn't think the birds are real and do a repeat of the flake incident! FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does seem rather interested in them...

    ReplyDelete