Tuesday 3 January 2017

The rain, the park and other things

Well I was sitting comfortably on the back porch, reading my book about dogs and gardens, when I looked up and thought 'This garden looks good today' so I took a photo
using the zoom.  Then I thought 'Don't be pathetic.  Show it as it is'. So I did.
Which is fortuitous cos it shows the book I've been reading.
A Christmas gift from Rosa Norte and perfect for anyone who loves dogs, gardening and Monty Don.  As I do.
Earlier today my Papaver Poppy from Woodbridge Nursery finally came in to bloom after the slowest striptease in history.


It is rather lovely but I suspect won't last the day in the wind.  There is a pink one but that is still in the leaf stage having spent the last cuppla months under sweetpeas.  Hopefully they'll selfseed like crazy.  The garden is responding well to the self-seeding approach.  Today I discovered a self-sown strawberry plant.  The only problem is that only I can do the weeding for fear of losing some little treasure.
We had 2 days of gentle rain earlier in the week.
coriander in rain

misty love-in-a-mist
 some lupins for Tamasin


Finally, the artist working on a glass box with a patient pup in attendance.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how lovely are the slow, seductive days of summer. Though here on the Fleurieu Peninsula its much warmer than in your beautiful enclave. Love the poppy. I'm currently deciding on what rose to plant in the winter. Fortunately, the statice, lavender, olive, agapanthus, frangipani and bird of paradise are almost drought-proof so it's once-a-week watering for them, if that. Remember that song...' Those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer....' Long may they reign. FF

    ReplyDelete