Sunday 15 January 2017

Down on the corner, out in the street

It was market day yesterday and it occurred to me to give you some garden respite and show you the corner of Vicary and Melbourne Streets, Triabunna.  Looking up Melbourne Street (Northish) across Vicary Street in the above photo, you can see the school to the left, part of Mel's property on the right, and then the banners heralding The Village.
Looking easterly up Vicary Street with Mel's house on the corner.
From Mel's looking westerly down Vicary Street.
Jake thinks the pencils outside the school are hilarious - cutting edge technology for a STEM world.
Again from Mel's corner looking south down Melbourne Street, what I call the Paris End of Melbourne Street.
And looking diagonally from Mel's, the service station - maybe 40 metres to our place as you stroll southerly and seaward.
Mel is a dog and cat loving darling, Environmental Services Manager at the Council and great friend to Elizabeth and, now, ours.  Jill the Dog and I went sledding with Mel and Snowy.
The Village is where Steve is currently spending 4 days a week, other artists three days, at The Village Creative Art Studios.  The aim is to raise the profile of The Village, the classes held there, and the work of the artists.

1 comment:

  1. The pencils make me think of Fred V whose new teacher is very concerned about his fine motor skills! His letter writing was not up to a Swiss standard, but he can sure give a keyboard a real working over! His numeracy is terrific and he devours books, but I am with the Swiss teacher, They put an emphasis on practical skills, like writing, hiking, making fires and cooking food. They obviously wants children who can still face the world when the devices go down. Sounds good to me!
    And I finally got my spatial sense sorted on the second run through your terrific NESW view of the world! I felt like I was walking around.
    The Luddite

    ReplyDelete