Saturday 25 March 2017

Last Tuesday

Last Tuesday I finally got around to going for a walk along the cliff tops.  I need more exercise than yoga and zumba and the obvious answer, apart from going back to the gym (which I may do), is to enjoy the reason we moved here - the sea.  So here's some scenes from East Shelley  to Spring Bay.


You can see that it was just my type of weather.  What you won't see is Pharaoh Jill who trotted along beside me despite being off leash.

At Spring Beach this boatshed is for rent:
making me think of this on the Desire to Inspire webpage .
view from Spring Bay boatshed

I took this photo to remind me that there was a gentle rain,
and that part of the delight of the walk were the post rain scents and the sounds of the sea.
a beautiful rock at the start / end of the walk
On the drive to East Shelley I'd noticed this escaping garden so stopped to have a look.
A lovely idea but rather expensive, I thought.  Silverbeet 50c a stalk.

And for those struggling to understand, this is the creosotey look I'm aiming for with my fence.  Despite 3 coats of engine oil, the fence still looks the same.




2 comments:

  1. The walk looked lovely, even with the glowering clouds. Perhaps we can do that in November when we are over???? I think you should rent the boatshed as your rural retreat!!! Creosote look still escapes me - why not just paint the fence???? FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought you were offering to paint the fence in November... We can do that walk and plenty of others just as nice. I'm trying not to buy and not create waste so thought I'd give the engine oil a go. What I've learned is just how much wood dries out if it's not maintained regularly. And painting a fence is quite meditative. XXXX
    I'll rent the boat shed for you if its still available in November.

    ReplyDelete