Sunday 5 March 2017

season of mists

and it truly was.  This is how 1 March dawned.  Sadly it reveals that the window and camera lens need cleaning.  Later in the day I picked Pru up from the airport and brought her back to Tribes.  Given she was only in Tasmania for 4 days, I think Triabunna should be proud she wanted to spend one night here.

But then it is rather nice.  I drove Pru to Hobart on the Thursday, and Friday I was off to The Bean's for the Huon Art Exhibition Opening and prize presentation at Cygnet.  Sadly the Glorious Bean didn't win a prize this year - we think.  Anything that doesn't go to plan is described as Oscar-esque currently and this was the case with this event.  The presentation was entertainingly shambolic.  There was some beautiful work and I really enjoyed the music.
Saturday was devoted to my first Australian Garden History Society event in Tasmania.  We gathered at Peppermint Bay and walked to the Woodbridge Nursery which The Bean and I have frequently graced.  Other Society members bought up big.  The Bean bought a Bishop of Dover dahlia.  She is working her way through the Bishops.  Then it was on to Pav and Penny's garden at Nicholl's Rivulet.
The shed they lived in for 12 years while starting the garden.

Pav directing The Bean to the Wollemi Pine

A Happy Bean

assesses the pine for its portrait sitting

while I go for a wander.



The Bench at which we lunched far from the madding crowd.

The Bridal Walk under construction.


My favourite part of the garden.

Bit hard to see here but the cones on this pine are blue.

The final garden has been in the current owners' possession only 2 years and demonstrated the huge responsibility of taking on a garden which has been years in the making.
'
I only took one photo but may have more if The Bean sends me some of hers.  One of our party bought 4 gunnera plants.  'You must have a large garden', I said.  'Yes', he replied, 'these are to go around the lake'.
You don't need a lake with a garden like this.  Here are some photos I took on Sunday at the Bean Shack.






three ships a-sailing


No comments:

Post a Comment