Saturday 18 November 2017

and the winner is

ME!  That is, I'm having a lucky streak lately.  I kept thinking about blogging but there was too much other stuff going on.  I suppose it all started weekend before last when I was standing in the queue waiting to buy a strawberry ice-cream and a group of stylish young men walked in.  I was checking out the wattle leaves and flower patterned shirt of one of them when he stepped towards me and said "Maggie?".  A very Beautiful Lies moment.  It was Gus who, when Steve was in hospital after the stroke, made banana muffins for Steve weekly and brought them into hospital.  Gus was a child then, the son of Liz and Carl of Rent-a-Bug fame.  Made my day.  Sadly I have no photos.

I have shown you this photo before because I like the muted colours:
Taking the opportunity of our warm, dry weather to wash the quilt Georgia made me, I realised it is very similar.  She's a clever girl.  I think I've told you that both Georgia and Sarah will be here for Christmas.  Perfect.
Sarah's parrot has been waiting for her.

Tuesday was both Melbourne Cup Day and zumba so we dressed up to celebrate.  Again, no  photos, but The Floosie may recall my outfit for her farewell Jazzercise many years ago - a jaunty piece of material tied to make a skirt with matching turban - aiming for a South American party vibe.  To my astonishment my turban stayed in place through all the dancing.
Later that evening I had a hot date at Barb's outdoor bath.  Leaving our place I saw a few ships a-sailing at the end of the street.  I was hoping to see them better from Barb's house on the other side of the bay but it was not to be.

Barb does have a lovely display of  ixias, though.  The bath is on the other side of the house.  When you're in it you can gaze up at the gum trees and listen to the birds.  It's a lovely experience.  The first time Barb heated up the bath (she lights a fire under it) it took 5 hours to cool down enough to be bearable.  She's got it down to a finer art now and I could hop straight in.  I took one look at the soap and thought it looked oatie so didn't use it.  About 5 minutes after I put the bath bomb in, Barb called out to say not to use it cos it had oats in in too.  I was a bit anxious for a while but zenned out and had no ill effects.

[ok, it's now 2 weeks later and I'm giving up that post - just trust that I'm enjoying myself enormously - and I'll try for a cuppla short, sharp posts (which sounds potentially painful).]

1 comment:

  1. Your pain provides our pleasure. Sounds fair to me!
    LJ

    ReplyDelete