Friday 3 November 2017

mysterious ways

You may recall that, according to The Book of Days, I was born on the Day of Returns, and there's seems to be an element of truth in it.  I was still surprised though when, as I paid for my petrol, the service station owner confirmed with me that I had worked previously in a service station, then asked if I'd like a job.  I had to refuse not because the nature of the business has changed somewhat in well over 40 years but because the job will be next Easter, and Easter is, as always, already booked.

borage going wild

I may have red poppies for Remembrance Day

close up of iris above

Earlier in the week The Floosie alerted me to The Writers Garden by Jackie Bennett.   I immediately went online to see if I could get it from the library.  Sadly not,  but I saw a cuppla of other interesting looking books and put holds on them.
This one arrived yesterday and I've finished it already.  It is funny and clever, and I love little books.  I would never have known it existed but for The Floosie.  And now, even better news, I'm getting The Writers Garden for Christmas!!!!  Thank you lovely, generous Flooz.


Steve and I play a game 'What's Maria wearing today?' when we drive beside Raspins Beach with Maria Island on the horizon.  Yesterday she was cloaked in beautiful blue velvet with a lavish swan-down ruffled collar.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your wild garden. It looks so enchanting ... and homegrown poppies for Remembrance Day sure beats synthetic fabric ones! FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be disappointed. It's nowhere near as wild as last year. We've had so little rain which means there's not been much riotous self-seeding going on. A few wild patches though...
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete