Tuesday 27 February 2018

jumping the gun

Sadly my 'Read the Alphabet Series in Order' Project has stalled.  I have been waiting for over a month now for G is for Gumshoe.  I have been forced to read H because it's due back next Tuesday, the first day the library will be open.  Gnash.  Wail.
I finally finished reading James Clavell's Whirlwind, over 1200 pages but a gripping read.  It's about the early days of  Ayatollah Khomeini after the exit of the Shah of Iran.  Talk about plots and subplots.  I was reading it at the time of the 'ABC Locked Cabinet bought at Auction' saga so my mind was reeling with conspiracy theories - as Lady Jayne is aware.  Never in my wildest dreams did I come up with the Barnaby Joyce affair, which seems to have silenced the Filing Cabinet Affair.  It would be a difficult choice.
I'm also slogging through this:
which is an academic read from 1990  prompted by the publication of Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses.
But I've got this to look forward to:
Anyone would think I've got friends going to Iran soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment