Friday 23 February 2018

ridji didj

Another week with plenty to do but no photos.  I was hoping to journal the hunt for Sea Lavender which is supposed to be going on as I type but I can't find hide nor hair of the hunters.  Possibly because of the rain.  Apparently Sea Lavender  (Limonium baudinii) is found only in 2 places in Tasmania, Triabunna being one.  I've always had a bit of a fascination with Nicolas Baudin and I'm also intrigued that this is a marshy plant which looks like the statice that grows along the roadside in arid western New South Wales.
I'm listening to the Jordi Savall (who is also rather fascinating) concert as I blog.  Earlier I heard William Barton singing and playing didgeridoo, which I also love, so am having a great day.  Finished above Monet book sitting on the back porch with soft rain and a pot of tea.  It'a a wonderful book especially at $2 from the Pop Up Book Shop where I was last Saurday.
Saturday night I went to a flamenco guitar concert in Swansea with readings of poetry inspired by Frederico Garcia Lorca and some of Lorca's work too.  The rest of the week was the usual gym and zumba but I also finally went to the dentist, had very interesting meetings at the Village and also with the Suicide Prevention Network, plus a Leaders' Forum featuring our political leaders - we have an election next Saturday.  So  you can understand why I have no photos.
HOWEVER the previous post about filming at The Gatehouse because it's part of the Aussie entry at the Venice Biennale is absolutely RIDJI DIDJ.  You Doubting Thomases.

No comments:

Post a Comment