Monday 30 April 2018

Back in Klemzig, it was time to curl up in the dappled sun and reflect
while others engaged in homely pursuits like fixing Mum's washing machine
and servicing my sewing machine.


Naturally, my mind was on higher things.
The Easterers met again for a dose of culture.  This opportunity really was too good to miss.

Pearl and I were entertained while we waited outside the gallery for Lady Jayne.  And afterwards as we made our way to our respective transports.

The exhibition proved just as uplifting.  Beautifully spaced and placed, it was just right to awe and inspire without sensory overload.  Well done Art Gallery SA.  Naturally we also availed ourselves of the restaurant facilities but just to get back in training for the big event.
Back to Longview for Sunday alla casa.  It was only a fortnight since Mum and I had last eaten there and the menu, being seasonal, was exactly the same so we knew what was coming up.  Such a joy for Mum and I to share this much loved experience.
We didn't think of photos till dessert was well on its way.  Four girls who like good food.


The next day was the big drive back to Melbourne which I managed well but couldn't relax till I was lined up next to the big boat.
Bye bye Melbourne,
hello early morning Devonport where I was reunited with my lost glasses and  case.
I found the bakery at Elizabeth Town and fulfilled my promise to buy date scones for Mrs Omniscient Henry.  I had a coffee and croissant for brekky and am hoping to return here for lunch soonish with Steve.  In the early morning it reminded me of the hotel Rosa Norte and I stayed in in Abergavenny.

Till the next Easter Dreaming.

2 comments:

  1. Oh we had a morning tea stop at the Elizabeth Town Bakery last November and it was amazing - great food, buzzing with people. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a great little find.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete