Saturday 14 April 2018

Easter 2018 diary

I always look forward to the indulgence of our Easter trips but this year I had even higher anticipation.  Eighteen is my significant number and I have pledged myself to make 2018 super special.
17/3 I set off on St Patrick's Day for the ferry at Devonport.  I knew this was the easiest part of the journey.  My fear was getting off the boat in Melbourne and finding my way to the Westgate Bridge and onward to Ballarat, and the high probability of getting hopelessly lost.

18/3  The morning dawned broodingly but with a glimmer.  The mud map I got from the tourism officer on the boat was the best gift I could have got for my birthday - easy and memorable directions to get to and from Station Pier, berth of The Spirit of Tasmania.  In no time at all I was across the bridge and approaching Ball City in teeming rain.

I didn't stop until I pulled over in Wail, well after the rain.  I discovered I really truly had somehow lost my reading glasses on the boat.  I savoured the honey and yoghurt I'd brought from Tassie and remained hopeful that the day would come when I'd be re-united with my glasses and their beautiful Monet Waterlilies case.  The parking bay was wonderfully bizarre.  Last Easter I had travelled that railway line en route to Horsham to meet Sandrine.  I arrived in Adelaide at about 4.30pm.  I think Mum and I had the first of many sushi feasts for dinner.
19/3  Nice easy day to recuperate from the long drive.  Perhaps we went to the bank and Mercato.
20/3  The Big Day - the long booked consultation with hairdresser extraordinaire Elayne. The salon in her house at Rosewater is a dream.  Elayne and her dog greeted me while I was still in my car waiting for Pru.  Pru is the one who had told me about Elayne and given me her details.  We made our way along a verandah strewn with dog toys and I knew this was going to end well.  Elayne and I chatted as she studied my hair, face, head shape, etc.  Pru arrived and occupied the dog while Elayne started on my hair.  I am very pleased with the results.  Pru and I coffeed in Semaphore to celebrate then, after meeting Reggie the Greyhound, returned to Klemzig to show my new do to Mum, who was contemplative...
21/3  I took Mum to her regular doctor's 3pm appointment and was glad I'd declined the invitation to Salsa with Tamasin and Nima because we didn't get home till 5pm, the time at which Salsa starts.
22/3  Mum didn't feel up to the Mystery Bus Tour that we had booked so I went with her friends Pat and Lee.  The main event was the Gooseberry Hill flower farm at Meadows which was rather idyllic.



gratuitous watermelon photo for Sandrine whose birthday it is today

We lunched at the Meadows pub, which is not an object of beauty but does a very good lunch.

I took Mum home some Bells of Ireland (which one day I'll have a go at growing) and Gomphrena 'Globe Amaranth' which I'd neither seen nor heard of before.
23/3  Pedicure at Marden - very luxurious including chair massage and nail polish - $30!!
24/3  Can't remember but I saw Willowa, Tamasin and David sometime.
25/3  Another much anticipated day - Mum and I lunched at Longview Winery in Macclesfield, one of our favourite occupations.

26/3  Can't remember. Mostly the days I can't remember were taken up with shopping, gardening and a bit of housework.  I also walked to the library, Marden and Campbelltown at various times.
sumptuously mosaiced stormwater drains at Lochiel Park

27/3  Yoga at Encounter Bay with Fleurieu Floosie who had painted her nails in anticipation.
After a good ommmm, we returned to The Floosie's for lunch, catch up, garden tour, book swaps and birthday presents!  My favourite things.
to be continued

2 comments:

  1. Great to read of your travels. I feel bad because I forgot to mention how good your hair looked when you visited, and your blog made me remember. Compliments to the hairdresser!!!! Bells of Ireland are lovely. Looking forward to next instalment. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamma Cox has a smile that inspires! A woman who remembers how to take in life's pleasures with grace and just a touch of wickedness! I hope that we are as feisty, but who will there be to indulge us all thus? We shall see. LJ XXXX

    ReplyDelete