Thursday 10 January 2019

Marina deBris

Last year before I went to Adelaide, we had the Great Eastcoast Cleanup.  You may remember the photo of me looking Paris-chic with my yellow vest.  We also had this exhibition at the East Coaster Resort.


The works are beautiful and confronting.  Everything is made from rubbish the artist found beachcombing.


















I posted these photos while I was watching Rome Unpacked.  As if on cue, one of the presenters said, 'Maybe that's what artists are for:  to see what we don't see.'

2 comments:

  1. Amazing, confronting, gorgeous, thought-provoking. Never seen anything like this before. Well done East Coast! FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a travelling exhibition so you could get it for Victor. Probably just as relevant there, sadly. I can get details for you if you wish.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete