Tuesday 8 January 2019

2019 so far

H  A  P  P  Y      N  E  W      Y  E  A  R  !  !  !
2018 was a very good year for me and I am reluctant to let it go.  Not so good for some of you though.  So let's move on and see what 2019 brings.
On New Year's Day I looked out of the kitchen window and there was a lady in the caravan park doing Tai Chi.  Auspicious.

On the Wednesday Georgia and I walked from her Murray Street house to The Boathouse Restaurant in Cornelian Bay, both things I've wanted to do for a long, long time.  We walked back via some of the actual boathouses.  Many years ago I desperately wanted to buy one so I could sleep hearing the water lap underneath.

Back home I thought how lovely this artichoke looks.

I finally finished the Cooking with Fernet Branca book and hastily moved on to this Daphne Du Maurier.  Loved it.  As would all you Cornwall-philes.

Another home glimpse that gave me great pleasure.  Dream Days indeed.

Zumba resumed today.  We celebrated with bubbly on Robyn's block.

2 comments:

  1. Love the boathouses. They look a bit more spruced up than when I last saw them (20 years ago!!!). I do remember you wanting to have one. Don't know the Du Maurier book so will investigate that one.And what a gorgeous view o accompany the bubbly. Here's to happy, healthy and adventurous 2019. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drinking to your 2019 toast!
    The haze over the view is from the bushfires in the South West. It lingered here for a few days. The wind has blown it all away now!
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete