Wednesday 17 July 2019

The Dirty Half Dozen

There is a small detour I can do enroute to the Gatehouse, and I usually do so at the weekend.
I can stand on a small wooden bridge and look out to the harbour.  If the tide is low, I can hear the water murmuring as it flows in from Maclaine's Rivulet.
If I look the other way, inland, this is what I see.  It is a lovely little retreat from the town.  Unfortunately rubbish, particularly from the school, blows into this area so I put out a call to the Friends of Triabunna Reserves (FoTR) to see if anyone would like to help me clean it up.  I knew it would involve wading in the creek and I didn't want to get bogged with no-one around.

The turn up was great and the job was done in less than an hour.  Six of us participated.  We only have 9 members and 2 were at work.

There really are some good people out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment