Tuesday 3 September 2019

C is for Catch a Falling Star

Catch a Falling Star is a song I strongly associate with my childhood in England - singing along to Perry Como https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJlHWESyLI on the wireless.  As a child, my plan was to be a writer and live with my Alsation Dog in the cottage on the cliffs at Porth Clais, near St Davids in Pembrokeshire.  That hasn't happened.  But as some of you know, Jackie Morris is the woman living my life in Wales.  There is always a link from this blog to her blog.
I live my life in Wales vicariously through her blog and am so proud of what she is achieving.  She and Robert MacFarlane wrote the beautiful book The Lost Words and this was the basis for a music / art / dance extravaganza at a recent BBC Prom.  I finally indulged in listening to it on Sunday https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0007y3h .  Sadly it is audio only, but I have the book to contemplate as I listen.  And I have my own little woven fern frond as bookmark.

2 comments:

  1. Now you've got me humming Catch a Falling Star (and put it in your pocket...) all day!!!! I love Jackie Morris's by-line '... or how to avoid housework'. My kinda gal. Haven't read The Lost Words but must get a copy as it sounds lovely. And of course I have read books by collaborator Robert Macfarlane. You never know, you may be living the dream one day. I do like the idea of a whitewashed cottage by the sea. Which is what you sort of have now. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the great realisations I had a couple of years ago is that I've got what I always wanted. Not quite as I pictured it, but ticking all the boxes. I feel I am living the dream.
    Keep singing.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete