Monday 23 September 2019

F is for hmmmm let me think,

as I said last time, I've been Frightfully busy.  However, Fleurieu Floosie's comment re the raspberries revived my vision of myself as the sort of French Grandemere who is loved for her framboises and fraises.
As you can see, the framboises have a way to go yet, but are showing willing.  I have a cuppla flowers on my strawberry plants but haven't photoed them yet.

This is the Pied Oystercatcher stamp that Steve carved for FoTR
Saturday 14th the Friends of Triabunna Reserves held their 'Our Wonderful East Coast Shorebirds' talk at the Triabunna Community Hall with Dr Eric Woehler.  We had around 40 people turn up, which is very heartening and made all the work worthwhile.


Other Friends, Her Majesty and Mrs O Henry and I, had a last coffee to Farewell the Gallery Artspaces Cafe on Wednesday, its last day of operation.

most items have been sold, giving a rather minimalist look


My Gatehouse Officer job has led to me being asked to take Minutes for the Prosser River Mouth Masterplan Group.  Taking Minutes is certainly not my Forte but I have had the pleasure of strolling some of the subject area where I encountered this structure on Millington's Beach which, interestingly, is both a Conservation Area and a Dog Off Leash area.

I have noticed some Spring events in the garden:
the Beatrix Potter Garden inspired watering can is working well
although the rabbit looks more Monty Python from this angle
And the pomegranate has come back to life, heralding Persephone's return from the Underworld.  I hope to bring you more garden news as life returns to normal after this week.

Housewise, I was prompted to realise I had a Fisherman's cottage by this Desire to Inspire blog post:
https://www.desiretoinspire.net/2019/09/17/shelter-island-fishermans-cottage/  The Frenchs, with a long association to the Fishing industry in Triabunna, built our house.  Curiously the black and white striped rug shown in the blog post is exactly how I would like to paint our floors...

No comments:

Post a Comment