Sunday 1 September 2019

Weaving Wednesday

It's been a busy week planning Good Works.  I took Wednesday off to do a basket weaving workshop at The Village.

Steve's cards on the stand behind our potential basket materials

Gwen Egg took the workshop.  She is a wonderful teacher. and human being.

The work table towards the end of the day - lots of finished little baskets and my work...

lots of self congratulation and celebration
Gwen is on the right in the foreground, the lovely Glynis to her left

spaghetti squash in a plastic bucket - also available at The Village

my effort, now home and making the exercise ball look like a red onion

another basket-making approach in its embryonic stage
The lovely Glynis said it looked like an unfurling fern frond, and I thought it would be lovely to make a tree fern.  A future project...
My aim was not to produce any baskets - I have enough for practical purposes.  I just like to know how these things are made and help keep the knowledge.  I now find myself looking at baskets in magazine ads and working out how they've been made.  That's achievement enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful. I'm a sucker for anything woven and have a collection of small mats from all over. But I imagine it takes patience and nimble fingers to make those glorious baskets in your photo, neither of which I have. Well done!
    I do like the alliteration of your title, but wonder what happened to c- v? FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. C+ will make an appearance as the mood, subject and alphabet take me. Creative Cottage Crafts perhaps? Cantankerous Crones Collaborate? Crazies Clutch Canes?
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete