Monday 28 October 2019

L is for lots of things

Firstly it was going to be Life and Literature after I watched a lady leading her cat around the caravan park on a leash.  She reminded me of the woman in David Ireland's City of Women which I attempted to re-read recently but gave up.  A rare instance indeed.

Lily of the Valley recently liberated

Looking for a photo to send Little Sister, I found these:
Mum and I dancing in the Klemzig Kitchen, Christmas 1979

Dad and I at Marion Bay 1980
Two of my favourite photos.

Then there's the lavish and luscious nibbles provided by The Spring Bay Mill at the Van Diemen's Band's Handel Concert on Sunday.
I get annoyed at community events here because the food is always cakes, pastries and sandwiches.  More and more people are asking for food like the above - my kind of food!  And there were glasses of bubbly too.  We may be bogans but we do it well.

After the concert there was rain,
lovely rain
making those cold grey pavers shine bright like a diamond.  And lavender, of course.  I cut them right back in anticipation of having to move them when we have our building modifications, so they've grown back the best they've ever been.  The actual building work is light years away.

And lastly
H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y    L I T T L E   S I S T E R

2 comments:

  1. Am loving the alphabet. And your pictures of yore! Jealous that you have a lily of the valley but I don't think they would grow in my Mediterranean garden. And that platter of food is so you. I will try to replicate it next time you visit. I loved the photo of the rain. I think your garden needs a goose. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will expect a platter at least as large. I have contemplated a goose or two at times - very good guards, especially if someone comes to steal my lilies...
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete