Thursday 30 January 2020

I see red

I was going to regale you with tales from our Tai Chi Chinese New Year celebration but, as usual, I was having such a good time that I forgot to take any photos. While we usually tai chi at the Community Health Centre, for this auspicious occasion we went to The Colonial restaurant and danced in their gardens under a large oak tree.  Then, I must admit, some had coffee and a couple of us had Jantz.  Most of us wore red hoping to attract good luck in the Year of the Rat.  It was lovely tai chi-ing out of doors.  The downside was we couldn't hear the music and another punter, tourist, apparently needed to talk with his stockbroker, or similar while we zenned.  But I feel filled with oak tree chi (and  little Jantz) ready to face the rest of the year.

In my own garden, this little poppy offsets the corn tassle.

We've had 3 days with the Red Umbrella in the garden, but only one day when we left it fully unfurled all day.

And, in a little upwomanship aimed at that cycle tour racing nut and reporter, Fleurieu Floosie, my friend Gisela gave me a photo of her son-in-law, John Degenkolb.  Apparently he is now with Lotto Soudal.  Check him out https://www.facebook.com/johndegenkolb/

Totally unrelated to red but giving me an inner glow, is this note someone left in the honesty box at the Gatehouse.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Red Umbrella. May you have many happy times beneath its scarlet mantle. Hmmm.... signed photos of cyclists now. That is a one-up for sure! FF

    ReplyDelete