Thursday 2 July 2020

Clamped but happy

I've had a lovely day.  No photos.  I had to go into Hobart for BreastScreen, referred to as 'clamping' by Tribesters.  Anyone who's had a mammogram will know why.  The technician referred to the 'clamps' as 'paddles', so perhaps a new terminology is in order.
Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.  I drove to Rosny Park (aka Eastlands), parked the car and caught the bus into town.  Unbeknownst to me, public transport is currently free.  I appeared particularly hick as I asked the driver how I was to pay.  This was after some smart young thing explained to me that I had to get on the bus via the middle door.  The poor driver was almost cowering as I strolled towards him, passengers watching amused and tittering - perhaps they knew where I was going.  I love the bus ride because I can relax and have a good look around, not something it is wise to do while driving across the Tasman Bridge.
After clamping (fingers crossed for a good result), I walked up Collins Street, exploring a couple of arcades on the way.  Very interesting.  I had no idea they are there. So many little coffee and eating niches.  My destination was Fullers Bookshop.  Heaven.  Particularly because I had a $50 voucher, my reward for participating in an online focus group for the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra.  There were a lot of book browsing and buying going on.  I had a particular book in mind - The Garden Jungle.  The Fishpond price is cheaper but I would prefer to support a living, breathing bookshop.  So I got my Garden Jungle book plus one about French vegetable gardens.  They came to exactly $50. Of course I was itching to peruse my purchases so I caught the bus back to Rosny Park, made a quick foray into Flight Centre to learn that there are no Hobart - Adelaide direct flights, got the car and drove to Sorell where I ordered miso soup and a bento box and sat down to a leisurely lunch.  Very happy.
All this, and pizza for tea tonight.  I will leave you with some photos taken much earlier this year, just before Covid 19 restrictions: a workshop at Spring Bay Mill for the Pulchella Community Nursery Landcare Group.

 posh heated trays for seed raising

high vis, spaced out learners

interesting landscaping ideas

it really is a privilege to be able to come here

good ideas to steal

I'd rather be glamping...

No comments:

Post a Comment