Sunday 19 July 2020

Reasons to be chi-ful during a pandemic

Tai chi has started up again, temporarily at the golf club because there is more space for our 1.5 distancing.  Jen was very keen to show us something she had learned from facebook earlier in the morning:
how to fold your plastic supermarket bags into little spanokopita-style bundles.  Of course, I had to rush home to give it a go.
Steve, in the meantime, was learning in Dutch how to turn a sock into a face mask:
Quite confronting to come home to.  And definitely mean time.  Steve and I rolled around laughing uncontrollably while Jill PD watched on anxiously.  I fashioned a mask for her from the toe of the sock, but she wasn't keen.  Certainly not keen enough to have a photo taken.  And a handy hint from Steve:  use a clean sock.

Yesterday we had some sunshine so I bought some croissants, squeezed some oranges, made a coffee, and enjoyed my favourite breakfast in my shed.
I didn't get to read as much of my book as I'd intended.  In fact it turned out to be one of the maddest days I've had in Triabunna.  All very pleasant, but I'm trying to think of a way of reporting it without being libelous...

No comments:

Post a Comment