Sunday 3 August 2014

a trip to the chemist

You probably don't need to know that I went out to by heaps of drugs as prescribed by the doctor.  Fortunately we get them much cheaper now Steve is on a pension.  However
 
here's Sis and I tripping around Tribes.  Our mayor has recently commented on the ugliness of the town of Triabunna but this is not totally true.  Admittedly I have omitted a photo of the pharmacy which is one of the square concrete boxes to which he objects.
 
 
We've turned the corner now and Sis is getting a bit tired of stopping for all these little details.
We're heading towards the water and the marina,
 pass the former marine barracks recently bought by a Canberra couple (I live in hope B&B),
pass the pub
and we're at the waterfront
with its intriguing sights and smells,
including the fish van which isn't the prettiest thing but sells wonderful fish and chips and wet fish.
From there we can head for the pine trees down the lane to Melbourne Street
 and home sweet home
where Sissy can have a little rest in the new studio.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, there may be some eye sores, but there are some gorgeous little cottages. So pleased to see that the barracks have been bought. If I'd had the money... B&B with the foyer hosting some choice local art....? Dad has done such a nice job on his studio. It looks very cosy. Did he leave any furniture inside the house for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and while I'm here, tell Dad that we just were listening to Matt's new record album: Paul Simon's Graceland. Unfortunately I think I heard it too much when Dad first got it as it STILL sounds too familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was something like -7C last night, so we are highly likely to be looking for real estate eventually, but alas, no such activity to date, but your photos give me such a strong desire to come and explore and Priscilla is just straining on the reins! B&B

    ReplyDelete
  4. George, I did not want any furniture left in the house. In fact I only wanted to bring a cuppla sticks with me from Wentworth but no... I am enjoying the space - a friend and I practised our Irish dancing for the Variety Show yesterday, and furniture ideas are slowly evolving.
    Bron, Priscilla must come. Self-contained vehicles can camp free in Tribes. Lots of options, next to the butcher, fish van or police station, possibly others I have not yet discovered. Of course, there's also our place and the caravan park next door.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete