Monday 25 August 2014

Weekly posts???

I'm sure things will change but at the moment it's looking like weekly blog updates.  Perhaps it's because the weather is good and signs of Spring are everywhere.  This week I stayed in Bellerive on Thursday night because I was lunching with friends on Friday.
[sorry, can't get this photo to show.  Took it on my iphone so perhaps it's not compatible]

So I had the pleasure of walking along the beach in the evening.  When I got home late Friday afternoon, I had the pleasure of these little guys coming up under the carport.  I've been told that the previous owners did not like flowers but I'm starting to suspect that they did not like self-seeding flowers.  Quite a few bulbs are coming up in the garden.

Jake and Sarah arrived shortly after me on Friday.  We had a lovely cuppla days which I wish I'd photographed...  Today Steve and I drove to Swansea to wish his sister happy birthday.  On the way home we stopped at Cressy Beach to eat our pies.

Other visitors had made a little sculpture.

I inadvertently selfied and didn't realise till I downloaded the photos.

It would be easy to think this is a Welsh beach - except for the wattle.

And this is very nearly a Welsh cottage,

though the gate to the property has an Australian touch.

We took another diversion to find an oyster farm and processor.  In their midden I discovered some fine scallop shells to replace the one I gave my friend Pru as a going away present.

Here's some oyster farmers coming in after a hard day's work.


Bit of excitement on the way home with intrepid camera man Steve capturing the cherry picker with guys working on the opposite side of the road...
Here is Steve relaxing some time over the weekend.  I want you to note the blackbird on the shed behind him.  This is a piece of artwork which he made in Wentworth and which he affixed to Shed 3 last week.  It looks really good.  Today when I returned from my maths tutoring, Steve announced that I had a parcel from Portland.  That could only be Southern Belle.  I saw the packaging and immediately knew what would be inside - a Gold Bunny rose from Treloar Roses just down the road from Jill.  I have planted the rose beneath the blackbird - liking to keep all my symbols and charms together.  It was nearly dark by the time I'd finished so photos will be provided next time.  Another great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Not "death'' beach??? I always wondered where that was. Looks like lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those delightful, delicate daffodils appear to be just like the ones which Corinne sent to me as bulbs a few years ago and which are yet to flower here this year. Ripples of shared pleasures to keep memories fresh. I shall have to find a daffodil card for Corinne, which reminds me of the daffodil card which you sent to me .... ripples, ripples

    ReplyDelete