Saturday 8 October 2016

Enchanted October

Japonica in flower and leaf
Coming together - red poppies and irises
One of Steve's glass sculptures beyond
Self-sown broadbeans
some of many artichokes
going towards the backdoor and kitchen
to cook artichokes for lunch
The Enchanted April is one of my favourite books.  I read it at least once a year.  Coming home to the garden after being away I was overcome by that feeling of abundance that Spring brings.  And I realised for the first time that October is April in the Southern Hemisphere.

3 comments:

  1. Enchanted October, indeed. You leading the way, Heather following, enchanted by the blooms and me in the middle distance pulling up the never-ending weeds! CKB must be sitting somewhere close-by, reading. LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. or possibly CK telling me what to do and you and Heths slaving away with the weeds. Which brings to mind The Beagle lying Cleopatra-like on the sidelines, bossing our soccer team.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete