Monday 24 October 2016

PUBS on Sunday

I'm sure I've said to you before that there is always something to do around here.  This weekend it was PUBS, the pop-up book stall at the Orford Hall.  I was rostered for Sunday and had a lovely time.  I need absolutely no books so did well to come home with only 6.

Not bad for $20.  Mine was one of the bigger spends because it included the hardbacks.  We raised over $2000 again and all this is ploughed back into local community groups. I think this is wonderful.  Earlier in the week we got this flyer in the letterbox:
I had no idea that our monthly film evenings are also a fundraiser, in fact I'd wondered if they meet costs because the raffle and lucky door prizes are so good.
I know it's not megabucks but I'm proud to live in a community where so many people work towards keeping it vibrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment