Tuesday 1 November 2016

when I'm old I shall grow purple

When I turned 60 I created a new blog that was to document my thoughts on ageing.  I have never posted to it but did take this photo on our deck in Wentworth in anticipation.  I have moved on from purple clothes and red hats.
Yesterday I noticed the preponderance of purple flowers in my garden.




and just in case you're worried, here's the other half of Jill in a non-purple part of the garden


But look at my wild red poppy which has to be mowed around.  Yesterday I found a self-sown sea holly in the lawn which I'd never have the heart to mow down.  And here's another splash of red:
Radishes given in exchange for some dog-sitting.  I haven't had radishes for yonks.  They make me think of salads when we were kids in England.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your garden is so beautiful - and you've managed to make it look as if it has been there for ages. It's all lush and colourful and vibrant. Irises and lavender always my favourites. I do get a start when you mention 'Jill' though. FF

    ReplyDelete