Monday 19 June 2017

culture report

Not a lot to report!  Saw La La Land at the Orford Odeon last week.  I had a good time eating popcorn and drinking cab-merlot, and my friend Anna won first prize in the raffle. I could take or leave the movie but it did cause me to discover Honesty Trailers.  If you want to catch La La Land, watch the Honesty Trailer here and be done with it.
Steve and I have taken the Pharaoh Dog to Kingston beach
which is very dog friendly.  And we have discovered that a local cafe which we had considered rather ordinary, does excellent fish and chips - and very large serves.

Of course there was Tony Robinson in St Davids on Saturday night and   P O L D A R K   on Sunday night, so no complaints.  And today I picked up Dr Zhivago dvd from the library so shall indulge in that too.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for large servings of fish and chips!!! But that video clip was a very cynical look at what I thought was a fun movie - I adore musicals even if the songs aren't that great. I'm over violence, car chases and Tom Cruise.
    We unearthed our ancient video of Pride and Prejudice and are halfway through it. I didn't realise how funny a lot of it is. And of course my favourite actor... Mr Collins! FF

    ReplyDelete