Saturday 18 August 2018

Adelaide Odyssey continued

Adventures in Klemzig and environs
There's not much actually to report from Klemzig.  It is being reconfigured.
The primary school Helly and I went to has been demolished.  New houses are being squeezed in all over the place.  I went to the auction of a very ordinary 1960s brick cottage, no garden but an average size block for the '60s, $553,000!  Golly gosh.  The Trust Homes are demolished, presumably as they become vacant.  The land opposite our old house in Cullford Avenue is unrecognisable.
There is, however, a cafe opening on Fourth Avenue.
Will definitely be watching that space.
Over the river at Lochiel Park, it is starting to feel very established - it has after all been being developed for at least 10 years - but it seems newish to me.  I made a cuppla forays over for books from the book cupboard and also once for an exhibition by the Ripples Art Group which turned out to
be the mosaic-ed stormwater drains that I have been admiring for some years.  This 'outside the square' one a bit OTT for me.
I discovered that Lochend House is being jazzed up by the Campbelltown Council, including a tea-room.  It is reminiscent of the Rosny Barn and School House development for those in the BHS know.  The Campbelltown Historical Society is doing its darndest to fill out the rooms with its collection.
This item filled me with horrors from days gone by.
Lochiel Park bills itself as 'eco-living' and I was very gratified to see chooks in a front garden.
A local told me that he and other residents drop their green-waste in the coop for the chooks.
I'm very interested because the chook house is a similar idea to one I have in mind for our place.  Sadly I could never catch the owner home to chat with her / him about it.
In keeping with the green claim, there is a native bee house,
complete with trendy gabion.  Front view.
Back view.

Dog Tales
A few doggy things to report.
Rosie, who lives in the house next to Mum's, waiting patiently for her chaps to come home.
An idea for Triabunna down the track.
And one on display at, I think, Quest Apartments.
Further down the road, and difficult to see, a doberman on duty guarding his tradie Dad's van.
Jill very cosy on her present from Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment