Tuesday 14 August 2018

Last things first

I will get around to blogging my Adelaide Jaunt.  I got home on last Thursday and mostly slept.  Friday it was yoga, tai chi, lunch at the school with the 24 Carrot Program then School Association business.  It was also very windy
and I can well imagine that one day the waves will roll into our street.  Yet again ignore those strange sky markings that periodically appear in my photos.
Saturday it was off to Oatlands to visit Steve selling calendars at the Bullock and Heritage Festival.  Sunday off to serve eats and hot drinks to participants at The Winter Challenge at Orford.
It wasn't quite Le Tour - participants had to kayak, run, road bike and mountain bike - but it was well worth it for us.  Participants were genuinely surprised that all the cakes and biscuits were homemade, and very happy to carb load.
We raised over $1000 for the school, well above our $300 target.
Yesterday I went to the gym, started on the washing etc and finally got out in the garden.  I pruned the japonica back to the blossoms and this morning enjoyed the small birds feeding on them.  Today was zumba, more catch up gardening and washing, and back to my treasurer responsibilities for a cuppla organisations.
I also finished this book
which I picked up at the book cupboard at Lochiel Park, just across the Torrens from Mum's place.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness. How old are you. 20??? Your blog has left me breathless with all your comings and goings and physical activities, and reading and fundraising and gardening and supporting Steve with his calendars....... Phew. You are certainly living life to the full. Maybe it's the Welsh genes???? Yay for the Babe, I say. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my dance card is now full. I'm not taking on any more good deeds. Just, as you say, leading life to the full. And enjoying every minute.
    The Welsh Witch XXXX

    ReplyDelete