Wednesday 29 August 2018

The Bean at the Bot Gards

The weather here has been cold and sleety.  Saturday was an exception which was very lucky because it was the day of the Opening of the Botaniko exhibition at the Tasmanian Botanical Gardens.  Botaniko celebrated the Gardens significant anniversary with '200 Years - Through Botanical Illustration'.  I attended at the invitation of Jean Green Bean.
Basking in the sunshine,
I made my way to the refurbished Pod, situated between Pete's Patch and Tino & Milly's 'garden of recycle' seen in the most recent episode of Gardening Australia.
Were I sensible, I would have taken photos before the hoards got there, but where's the fun in that?  If  you want to see the artwork, you'll have to visit the Gardens.
Walking back through The Patch, I was struck by the glitter of the rainbow chard - though not very well captured in this photo.
But I did see this bandicoot scooting through the hellebores.

I was so inspired, I slaved away on Sunday tidying up our vegie patch, sometimes scurrying inside as the rain got too heavy.  Felt very satisfied.  And Jill PD had about a thousand throws of various toys.  I can report:  3 emerging asparagus spears; emerging comfrey; life in a redcurrant plant I thought dead; neatly trimmed edges around the raspberry and rhubarb raised beds; and a weeded native plants bed.  I had bought an elderberry plant, a daphne and a cumquat plant en route to the Gardens, not exactly impulse buys but not prepared for.  Doing the weeding and trimming freed up my mind to work out where they will be planted.
Stay tuned for more exciting garden adventures...

1 comment:

  1. What kind of artwork was it? Very clever bandicoot spotting! Your garden sounds really interesting. I love the hint of spring (though today it is blustery, cold and rainy). My kangaroo paws are in flower and are a target for honey-eating birds, a leucospermum bloom has just opened and the hydrangea is showing new buds. Looking forward to some photos that document the changing face of your garden. FF

    ReplyDelete