Sunday 21 June 2020

short weekend

Saturday was strange with a sunny day but sea fog drifting in periodically,
seen better here as I returned home from the pub having ordered Vietnamese Stew for pick-up at 6pm.  I was walking through the paddock which links Melbourne Street with the back of the Spring Bay Hotel.
I sometimes forget that I have a sunny, comfortable home, inside which I could stay more often.  And mostly this weekend, I have.  Occasional trips to the garden to check on something or throw frisbees for a while, and then delicious sits in the sun or by the fire to read and plot.  It has rained gently all day this Sunday.  Jill PD and I were up at 7am to open the Gatehouse, then sat in position to watch the sunrise on the winter solstice but there has been no appearance by the sun today.

No comments:

Post a Comment