Tuesday 2 June 2020

Triabunna and beyond

Last Thursday Jill PD and I trotted off to see a friend who lives on Triabunna eastside.  The approach to the bridge looks lovely in Autumn.  Steve met us at Ian's and we toured his garden.  I hadn't realised but Steve had actually looked at the house Ian now lives in when he came over from Wentworth to find a place for us.  I didn't know Ian had been looking at houses when we were.  He has also re-worked his garden, concentrating on edibles and native plants.  Steve took Jill to a beach and Ian and I drank tea and ate fruit cake on his sunny deck.
I walked home and took this shot as I crossed the bridge - so much easier when not juggling a dog at the same time.

On another jaunt through town, I noticed The Barracks has a new gabion wall.  Garry the Goat, aka Gazza, obligingly put in an appearance.  The student archeologists, who worked on this site for 4 summers, have t-shirts printed with Gazza's photo.  He knows he's a star.

Unbeknownst to virtually anyone, I have been on a virtual trip to the Tiffany Gallery at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.  Lady Jayne and I have long had a thing for the panel of the wysteria framing a waterview.  I've always wanted to emulate it but it has never quite come together in any garden of mine.  It still hasn't, but it occurred to me the other day that I could train the hardenbergia from next door along our carport.
Definitely has promise.  Though sadly the wind came up that night and blew it down and blew the pig off her pedestal.  The hardenbergia can be put back in position, and the pig suffered only a broken leg.

Lovely to see the Aboriginal flag flying at the council offices for Reconciliation Week.

Yesterday:  big adventure.  We drove into Hobart for a few errands but also went to visit The Big New Deck at Georgia's place.  It's big.
And has lovely views of rooftops and the city.  One day I want to dance Wu Tao, do tai chi and yoga up there - really feeling like a goddess.
Others, I think, have more prosaic plans, like barbecues and parties.  Lucky (and lovely) boys.
And me 🐕🕵🦴

No comments:

Post a Comment