Monday 21 September 2020

Just desserts

As Jill PD and I left to do our job last night, a tough 4WD lunged into the driveway and scared the daylights out of both of us.  The driver was a lady who lives near us and who I'd chatted to at the Suicide Prevention Network stall.  She reached into the back of the car as I held my breath, and, 

with great panache, produced this Victoria Sponge.  I nearly fainted.  I stammered my gratitude and raced inside to show Steve.


After closing the Gatehouse I came home to a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake.

Now, I like a good sponge cake but Steve loves them.  Thus when I got  up this morning I was greeted with this.  Steve and Jill PD had a midnight feast while watching the last night of Le Tour.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear I seems I have missed commenting on 4 previous blogs. Quelle horreur. Here is a brief retrospective, starting from August 22nd: Cicero's quotation is the best ever! Thanks for alerting me to it. It is my philosophy on life. 'The Martian' was a great and amazingly believable movie (until the end. Have not read the book though so it may be different. I LOVE the orchids, Did you find many more??? Revegetation a great endeavour. I admire the community's spirit and wish we had even an ounce of it here.(At the moment the council is spending millions on a multi-storey carpark!) Fancy being given a multi-layered cake; thumbs down to Steve though for devouring it, although if he was watching the time trial I could forgive him. Yay for Richie! But accolades to the man of the moment (not Richie) and the art exhibition. Methinks there's a touch of old-man-and-the-sea about the artist!!!! Sounds like a fantastic night. The images looked great (can't wait for the calendar). Pass on my congrats for a wonderful achievement. Hope all is forgiven for comment lack. FF

    ReplyDelete