Sunday 27 September 2020

a day for boats

Today wooden boat fanatics set out from One Tree Point to row across Spring Bay to Triabunna.

Bayley and Evie don't quite get the attraction of the boats.
putting in

Fiona takes it easy

and seems very pleased to arrive in Triabunna

The row across took far less time than anticipated so I didn't get the chance to photo the boats pulling in.  I did recall my first and only water-skiing jaunt - across Spring Bay in 1982.  Today marks 56 years since we boarded the Castel Felice at South Hampton and left for Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 56 years on Australian soil! At least you didn't have to row to Australia. I must admit I was a little disappointed in the photos as, from your title, I was expecting to see a flotilla of wooden boats scudding across the water, Dunkirk-style. But looks like a lovely day weather-wise and a fun thing to either do or watch. FF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was expecting a bit more of a flotilla too. Perhaps it is still a little too early in Spring - the breeze was very cold.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete