Wednesday 21 July 2021

City Gal reunion

I visited Mum on the Monday, then had a hot lunch date with Fleurieu Floosie, formerly City Gal, on Tuesday.  The Adelaide Paringa was my choice of accommodation because of its proximity to the railway station.  I take the train to Christies Beach to see Mum.  The Floosie drives to Seaford Meadows and catches the train to Adelaide.  Of course we rendezvoused at the station.  In fact we are Adelaide Railway Station groupies and watch its renaissance with professional eyes as the former Arbiters of Taste in Bellerive.

I inveigled the Floosie to stand before this sign because it seemed so apt.
After surveying my city digs we jaunted uptown to the Adelaide Arcade - the original and best - and indulged in a very tasteful hot chocolate and macchiato.  Note we are sitting outside   https://www.adelaidehatters.com.au/ , a very long standing hatters and where CKBeagle bought very posh hats, the types you see in Australian Country Style.  Then it was back to the railway station and my current favourite Adelaide restaurant, The Guardsman.

shared garlicky bread, a sangiovese for me and a white for the Floosie
for both of us, an amazing concoction of Coorong Mullet - so clever and delicious
an espresso martini for dessert for me
some healthy looking cocktail for the Floozie

Doing the Seniorella thing, we headed for the Seaford platform before 3pm and travelled together to Seaford Meadows.  I took the return journey alone feeling replete and very satisfied with our day.

2 comments:

  1. Now I see the significance of the railway station photo. I didn't really take in the words before - I thought they were advertising. Well, I suppose they are in a way - advertising the soon-to-be refurbished station. But I may have to vet the photos in future. I look like a stunned mullet eating the Coorong mullet. But there you are in the next photo looking so happy and sparkling. I now wish we'd actually browsed in the hat shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all a matter of perception. I think I look like a swarthy old scrubber. I meant to use 'stunning' when describing the mullet, but obviously forgot.
    And you look sexy and sublime in the last photo. Certainly don't need a hat.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete