Friday 30 July 2021

The Flying Pig

The fortnight Adelaide Staycation was up and it was time to go home.  The Floosie had thoughtfully given me a gift the size and weight of a small anvil.

But it is The Flying Pig.  I haven't been game to tell you before that my pottery pig crashed and broke.  It was not flying at the time but put away for safe keeping while the deck was being built.  The dangers of being kept safe...  This little pig sat on my hotel table during the many delicious meals brought in from the huge array of eateries around the hotel.  For a girl with limited cuisine choices at home, this was heaven.
I discovered the delicious banh mi at a side booth at the railway station.  These were so good and so cheap that they replaced my go-to of a fresh salad wrap at Subway.  I didn't try the iced coffee but have been told by one, allergic to coffee, that it is sublime.  Next time.
I packed Precious Pig, my sole new acquisition apart from a few kilos, left my bag at Reception and strolled the Mall to the library to return my books.  The library is on about the ninth floor.  I discovered a little verandah garden part of the library and spent a peaceful cuppla hours there reading magazines. 
Then it was off to get my bag and wait on Hindley Street for Willowa to pick me up and take me to the airport,
via Ikea, of course.  Another Flying Pig moment.  When Tamasin and Willowa were little, I longed to take them to Ikea and let them chose toys and furniture.  It was not to be, until this momentous day.  We spent a lot of time looking at dinosaur paraphernalia.
Home to The Flying Pig after 11pm, then enjoyed 4 days before Tasmania Health decided people who had been in South Australia after 8 July had to spend 2 weeks at home with limited social contact.
Which suited me just fine.
the deck is coming along

No comments:

Post a Comment