Wednesday 20 April 2016

Last week

It was quite a week, getting back into yoga and zumba, and then the Walking Group on Thursday.  It was the first real bush walk I had done in years and years and made me optimistic that maybe I will see a tarn lake again before I die, and maybe even raft the Franklin - though some have said this is a sure way to die and haven't I read The Death of a River Guide? - which I did a long time ago.

This was the Bluff River Gorge walk.  I was not the only one to feel the challenge but I had a cunning plan - gym on Friday to keep the aches at bay.  It was a killer gym and I wobbled home to have breakfast.  Zut alors!  Georgia, Kit and Ella arrived v v early.  And the day was off and running.  We ended at Spring Beach, Kit, Jill and I driving there with the windows down a la the 60s - not that Jill and Kit know much about that.
I purloined this photo from George.  We parted ways from there, Georgia, Kit and Ella returning to Hobart.  Jill and I must have driven back to Triabunna but I have no memory of that.  Plum tuckered.

No comments:

Post a Comment