Sunday 24 April 2016

The Second Stash


I know I've shown you these pictures before but I have to take you back to Adelaide.  On the first Monday after daylight saving ended, when it is easy to be up early,  I spent a lazy morning reading the Watchman on the porch.  Curled on the bench in the green shade of Mum's huge hibiscus, it was easy to imagine I was in The Deep South.  On another day I lolled on the bed reading and eating Easter egg in the late afternoon sun, my feet resting on the westerly window sill.  True bliss.
Yet another day I caught the bus into town, astonished that I could travel free as a Senior, bought my lunch at Subway where I was offered a Senior Discount (which is good though a little hurtful) and met Lily Mimosa at the uni for lunch.  Adelaide Uni has changed so much.  I watched a hapless young student try fruitlessly to get students to sign a petition protesting against the proposed lowering of the income at which student loans must be repaid.  No-one signed and only 2 acknowledged her existence.  In the loos I discovered squat toilets as well as traditional Western ones.  LM is studying Mechanical Engineering and finds the lecturers' accents difficult.  Programming apparently revolves around mattresses and radishes.
But I digress.  H Bells and Co gave me my divine Christmas and birthday presents.

The possum scarf brought back lovely memories of a similar chap bought for Georgia in Launceston many, many years ago.  The gardening gloves remain unused because they are so beautiful, but the day will come.  The empty jar had contained exquisite chocolate covered coffee beans which Watkins had discovered at the Central Market.  The chocolate is cappuccino flavoured.  Sadly Steve thought they were scrumptious.  Luckily I thought the Moroccan Jam and spicy eggplant chutney that were his presents pretty yummy too.

And what, I hear you ask, is in the purple prezzie?  Well, that photo was taken upon my return to Tribes where that gift awaited me.

No comments:

Post a Comment