Monday 18 April 2016

Pardon pardon pardon

I have decided to forgo my determination to approach my SA holiday chronologically.  It's been a busy week.  So busy I forgot Friday was Friday and missed my call from Sandrina and the Mildura Friday night after work pub crowd.  I was probably sleeping in the bath at the time.  I also forgot to book for a concert in Hobart on Saturday.  I drove in regardless.  The concert was booked out.  Unfortunate for me but fabulous for the Federation Concert Hall and the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra.  The program was the film Babe with the TSO playing the score.  It was a delight to get caught up in the thronging families making their way to the Hall.  Of course I had Plan B and finally spent some time in town and at Salamanca Market.  I was a bit relieved to be honest cos I thought I may not be tough enough to watch Babe.  I had to drag my Dad out of Bambi because it was too sad.
Salamanca was crowded but still impressive.  Having denied my ears the promised pleasure, my nose seemed particularly attuned being first struck with the smell of deep frying and then divine wafts of truffle and huon pine.
And I have just been struck by an awful realisation.  Yesterday I lunched with Madam Cyn in town at The Shamrock where I had Roast of the Day - ham.
And my title is a (snuffled) reference to Piaf.  Sunday was the French Car Rally and Market in Tribes.  I was assigned to bric-a-brac which turned out to be more fun than I had anticipated.  Doubtless all that Professional Development watching The Antiques Roadshow stood me in good stead.

No comments:

Post a Comment