Friday 3 June 2016

gonna

I was going to drive to Swansea this afty for an art lecture in a cafe but have decided to forgo the pleasure and knowledge.  The rain is only misty here at the moment but heavier rain is forecast and the tortuous coastal road from Swansea will be torturous after dark. The Dark Mofo event planned for Triabunna for tomorrow night has been cancelled because of the forecast heavy rains for the east coast of Australia.  Even the Louvre is having to move its works.  Fortunately I have some arty stuff to share with you from a few weekends ago when Steve, Jill and I explored Montrose Bay.
Gasp we did when we read that dogs are not allowed on the bridges.  Boo hiss.  But I'd wanted to do this for a long time so I continued toute seule.


I wasn't feeling too alone though cos these colours are very reminiscent of Lady Jayne's handbag besides which I've walked many kilometres.


It's lovely to be so simultaneously aware of Mt Wellington and the Derwent River.


GASP is the Glenorchy Art and Sculpture Park and I've read in today's paper that you can walk from here to MONA, which would be a fabulous thing to do on a dogless day.

I have added 2 blog links for your delectation on a rainy weekend.  The blog links from The Wayward Sewing Machine always amuse me, especially The Hair Hall of Fame.  I've also been meaning to say that the Help Animals link seems to be perfectly harmless.  I've clicked on it whenever I remember to for years and haven't received any spam as a result.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I love the second bridge fence photo (the pink one). Definitely worthy of a MONA hanging, if not the Louvre. And this Jill would have been allowed to cross the bridge. The sight of Mt Wellington and the Derwent always brings on nostalgic sighs from me - lovely.
    Fleurieu Floosie

    ReplyDelete