Saturday 7 October 2017

Since Thursday

Thought I'd better fess up re the Cornish Pasties.

They had wandered a little too close to the top of the oven.  But still good to grab for breakfast on Friday after yoga, and eat in the car.  We were on our way to take Jill PD to Kingston Beach and then to friends of Steve for lunch.  We were running a little late so decided to take Jill to the Signal Station at Mt Nelson for a bit of a romp.




Last time I was here was with Jill Mrs History, some time ago.
Sadly there was no blazing fire
and a muted view.
No need to send out any signals,though I was getting a bit hungry.  Then, to my astonishment, Steve announced that we were not going to the friends' place but eating at the Signal Station Restaurant.  Jill was a little miffed at having to return to the car

but we had a very pleasant lunch with people I had not previously met.  Afterwards we did go to Kingston Beach and ran with the hounds to keep warm.

I closed the Gatehouse by moonlight.  Saturday saw me out with the Friends of Triabunna Reserves, not playing footy, but pulling up Spanish Heath and broom.  I collapsed for the rest of the day.

Today I remembered to take a photo of the pear tree in the garden
and the evolving lily at the school
where I went to pick veggies for the Gatehouse stall.  And the rest of the day has been devoted to my garden.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Signal House at Mt Nelson!!! Thanks for bringing back the memories. And I love the Gatehouse by moonight, a sight which I expect to see soon. And, perhaps a pear crumble afterwards. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pears will have to go some! And no oats in the crumble. Not long now...
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. Let's substitute the pears for Cornish pasties!!!! FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a Cornish pasty and cider supper at the Gatehouse one night - there's an idea.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes please - Cornish pasties made by the Keeper of the Keys. I will feel that I have been accepted into Triabunna society. FF

    ReplyDelete