Friday 3 May 2019

Adelaide delights

because I like to be close to caravans...

the wetland installed at Lochiel Park housing estate over the Torrens from Mum's

g
a bit of garden design I find inspiring

I was early for a lunch date with Willowa so I sauntered through town, noticing details I've just hurried by in the past.  I was surprised to see these figures sitting on the balcony of the Adelaide Arcade.  In truth, I'd never noticed the balcony before.

The leafy figure outside The Hilton made me realise these are arty autumnal installations.  I spotted a number of them around town.  Good fun.

A day with The Floosie, who'd baked me a cake.  One of those delicious moist almondy cakes made from boiling mandarines.  Ever style conscious, I nonchalantly scattered a few rose petals around.  A couple managed  to land on the cake.
notice my new look: crocs and socks
We took a garden walk then a stroll around the wetlands at the end of the road, mulling over which would be the best feature tree for the Floosie's re-imagined front garden.  In my mind I looked like this .
Dream on.

2 comments:

  1. Art autumnal installations are gorgeous!!! Also love the creeping plant overflowing from the stone pot. And oh, for another slice of the mandarin cake.
    Life is but a dream.... Thanks for visiting. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. A slice of mandarin cake would be a dream right now...
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete