Tuesday 14 May 2019

but what did you read in Adelaide?

I hear you ask, quietly.  Well the answer is:  not much really.  I read Jane Harper's The Lost Man on the ferry over and finished it at Mum's.  It is an excellent book.  Mum has now also read it and thinks it's great too.

This library book turned out to be much better than I had expected.  I got it thinking that Mum may like to look at it.  Unfortunately it is too big and heavy for Mum to hold.  The text was well written and very informative.

This one will be good if I ever get around to keeping chickens.

This is a very useful and inspiring book.  Unfortunately it does not seem to be available from the Tassie Library Services.

This one has changed my thinking about the back garden.  The writer believes every Australian garden should include a billabong to handle waste water and run off.  I'm thinking deeply about this.  I have the grey water but haven't had to deal with rain for a while.

Sandrine gave me this one as a late birthday present when I stayed with her at the Nurses' Accommodation in Warracknabeal en route to Port Melbourne.  I'm only on the early pages but it's a fascinating topic to know about.  She also gave me The Dry which was Jane Harper's first novel.  Of course I devoured that and sent it to Mum for Mothers' Day.

And this was my birthday card from Sandrine.  Truly my friends know me too well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you really must get chickens!!! And a billabong. Sadly I have room for neither, so need to rely on you for when I visit. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the chickens would be a bit problematic when I go away. I did learn yesterday that you clean their legs weekly with cooking oil (possibly traumatising...) or vaseline. Also, they like to roll on lavender prunings. We have a few chicken experts around. XXXX

    ReplyDelete