Wednesday 22 January 2020

Starting Over

You may recall the John and Yoko song from the Double Fantasy album (dim dark history).  I always liked it and it seemed to describe my relationship with Steve prior to the stroke.  The song keeps earworming me now that I have come to the Z of the alphabet posting - nothing left (and curiously Jools Oh contacted me today for the first time in months). I have toyed with the idea of future posts about people who have influenced me.  I got excited when I was working with the Zampatti idea and realised I could work backwards through designers:  Zampatti, Yves Saint Laurent, Vivienne Westwood, etc.  Perhaps I could just work the alphabet backwards.  Numbers, perhaps?  Or maybe there'll be no theme.  I'm still thinking.
The Floosie terrified me with her My New Garden blog post .  I couldn't imagine starting a garden from scratch.
This book fell into my hands at PUBS and, though I have my garden mapped in my mind and it is approaching reality, I found this book quite thought provoking.

And then I got this book recently from Rosa Norte in Spain.  I had seen it when the original first came out but, mostly having had largish gardens, hadn't really thought it necessary.  This second edition has miraculously arrived at just the right moment because I had decided to start the vegie garden all over again, and now I have a guide.  I intend to build up the soil quality over winter, and then keep the productive garden beds small but intensively cropped.

Yesterday was both the 20th anniversary of the stroke and our 19th wedding anniversary.  When Steve came over to Triabunna in 2014 to check out the housing situation and the likelihood of us enjoying living here, he rang me excitedly one evening to report that there was a  fish van on the waterfront and people were sitting at tables drinking wine and eating fish and chips.  'You'll love it here', he said, and he was right.  So yesterday we had fish and chips from The Fish Van for our anniversary dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment