Monday 13 January 2020

X is for X it off the list, and X your fingers

You may recall that I set out to read the Sue Grafton alphabet series in order from A to Z.
Well, I've done it.  Not Z, of course, because Sue Grafton died before she published Z is for ???  Naturally I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to me but I am nearly at the end of my alphabet blogs, and it is only recently that it has become a challenge.
I got this pile of books for $5 at PUBS the other day.  Poldark books 1 - 6 (somewhat historic looking) at 10c each.  Unfortunately 2 is missing - Demelza!!!  Those of you good at maths will notice that the total comes to $9
but that is the beauty of being a PUBS volunteer.


This curious photo is highly amusing to me.  Friends of Triabunna Reserves (the FoTRs) arranged to have a Just because we're Friends drink at the Spring Bay Hotel (the Springy) last Friday.  We had to wait for Bruce who works on Maria Island and would be catching the ferry to arrive at 5.30pm.  We were dutifully waiting at the Marina, wishing we had brought streamers and practising welcoming songs, when Bruce came up behind us and announced he'd caught an earlier ferry and had been waiting at the pub.  So here's us trudging over to the Springy.  But a fairly raucous time ensued.
XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment