Wednesday 15 January 2020

Y is for Yes, Yule Yearning and Yum

Yes!!!  We've had some rain.  Not much but better than nothing.  It was also very cold, so a perfect day for gardening.  It's also Listless Thursday so, with no promises to keep, I realised I felt like mince pies,
and whipped some up, as I do...

It's also the time of the year when O Henry has surplus peaches and nectarines on his trees.  All in all a super yummy lunch.

I didn't get a lot done in the garden but did continue my archeaological dig beside the white shed.  FF please note the Gold Bunny is having a second flush. I threw wood ash at the pear tree hoping it would stick to the wet leaves and kill the pear slug.  And we are slowly repairing and resurrecting The Red Market Umbrella.  We sat on the ground and repaired the rips in the cover the other day - felt like fishermen repairing a net.  Steve cunningly mended 3 of the spokes and today took the base for welding.  It may rise to its fleeting former glory again.
In an impulse of great concern to Steve and Jill, I have embarked on my second cooking adventure for the year - making flatbreads from the Maggie Beer book.  Fingers crossed again.  I used to make bread rolls and savarin many years ago.  Yonks, in fact.  Perhaps I'll get into yeast baking again.  It always seem miraculous to me.

1 comment:

  1. Three ringing cheers for: the red market umbrella, the flatbread... and the Gold Bunny. FF

    ReplyDelete